When troubleshooting X-Forwarded-For for IIS it is sometimes required to enable debug logging. The installation routine does NOT contain the debug versions of the product for performance reasons. The debug logging version produces a detailed log file of all the filters actions and may be requested by Winfrasoft support.
To install the debug logging ISAPI filter:
- If you have version 2.0.2 or higher then Debug.zip is located in the installation folder. If you have version 2.0.1 or lower then you will need to download the XFF4IISDebug2.0.1.zip package.
- Stop the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- In the folder C:\Program Files\Winfrasoft X-Forwarded-For for IIS\ rename the file XFF4IIS.dll (32 bit) or XFF4IIS64.dll (64 bit) to XFF4IIS-Backup.dll or XFF4IIS64-Backup.dll respectively.
- Extract the XFF4IIS.dll (32 bit) or XFF4IIS64.dll (64 bit) file from the Debug ZIP package to the C:\Program Files\Winfrasoft X-Forwarded-For for IIS\ folder.
- Ensure that the account used to run the IIS site and any worker processes have at least change access to the C:\Windows\Temp folder.
- Start the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- Check for the file C:\Windows\Temp\XFF4IIS.LOG which contains the filter log information.
To remove the logging ISAPI filter simply reverse the process.